Thursday, September 13, 2018

Sept 13

In Inquiry we created a checklist for both the presenter and the audience so that we have clear expectations when we present our artifacts next week. Please see below for the checklist we will be using.

The presenter:
      I can hold up my artifact so everyone can see it.
      I can tell the story of my artifact. – Where it is from, who made it or who owned it first, why it is special.
      I can speak in a loud clear voice with expression while looking at my audience.
      I can tell a story that makes sense.
      I can make my story so interesting so that people want to know more.

The audience:
      I can sit criss-cross with my listening ears on.
      I can ask those who are talking to stop.
      I can listen quietly.
      I can think of questions before, during and after the presentation.
      I can watch the person who is presenting without getting distracted.
      I can wait till the end to ask questions.
      I can look, think and wonder about the artifact.
      I can record my observations, thoughts and questions in my journal.


1) Terry Fox run: is tomorrow remember to wear your Royal Oak Blue.

2) Conferences: Are open for registration through PowerSchool. A form was also sent home today with some pre-conference questions. Please fill out the form and return it by Tuesday Sept 18th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jun 18 -Summer package

Summer vacation is just around the corner. If you and your child would like some extra practice over the summer here are a couple of links ...