Friday, November 9, 2018

Nov 9

Today we had a beautiful remembrance day celebration where we had the opportunity to reflect on the soldiers who fought for our country and the freedoms we enjoy today. This week we read the book "Bear in War." Ask me about a question I have or a connection I made to the book and where we could find the bear today. We also worked on some landscapes of Flanders Field in the style of impressionism. Ask me about the painting techniques we learned to create our landscapes.



 

This week in inquiry we have been learning about water. We started an experiment where we had two jars. One jar had water in it with a lid on and the other jar had water in it without a lid on. On day 3 and 5 we made detailed observations and observed what happened to the water. Ask me about what I thought happened to the water. Hint: I should talk about evaporation.


This week in math we continued working on problem solving. We where given a problem where we had to figure out how many candies there where if there where two bags of skittles with 4 candies and 2 boxes of smarties with 6 candies. Ask me about the strategies I tried to solve the problem. Ask me to show you how triangle math works. Hint: It has to use exploding numbers. 

This week we also worked with our artist in residence. We have been learning how to use pencil/coloured pencils to add shading and lines to our art work. Ask me to share how our art piece has three layers which shows how the land has changed overtime.
 

Coming up
Nov 14th - artist in residence
No 14 - Gr 2 Book TruckNov 16 -No school due to PD
Nov 16 - Winter wonderland family dance hosted by ROS school councilNov 22-23 - Student led Conferences
Nov 22-23 - Book Fair during conferences

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jun 18 -Summer package

Summer vacation is just around the corner. If you and your child would like some extra practice over the summer here are a couple of links ...